Be inspired and learn how to serve up a plant-based feast this festive season.
SA’s first online food & lifestyle show promises to be a professional, one-day visual and interactive experience for visitors.
Whether you live a full-time ‘VGN’ life, trying out meat-free days, enjoy tantalising your taste buds with innovative plant-based food or exploring sustainable and eco-friendly products, this virtual show offers a great online experience you will not want to miss!
• Inspiration from top local and international celebrity chefs
• Interactive masterclasses with Simon Toohey & UCOOK
• Plant Power Expert Talks
• Vegan & Meet for premium ticket holders
• The Great Big Festive Vegan Banquet
• Entertainment & special appearances
• The “Virtual Mall” shopping expo
PLANT-BASED FOOD & LIFESTYLE FOR EVERYONE!
The FVPPS will feature a host of international and local chefs in The Plant Kitchen including:·
· Amy Hoppy, ex Food Editor of Women’s Health South Africa, award-winning food writer, media personality and recipe developer
· Chris Erasmus from Foliage in Franschhoek
· Dion Vengatass, Violet by Vengatass & SA Culinary Olympic Team Captain
· Elisha Madzivadondo, Sunshine Food Co’s founder and microgreen farmer
· Gaz Oakley, Top Vegan UK Chef aka The Avant-Garde Vegan
· Hope Mdakane, Winner of the SA Chefs Association/Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show competition to find the country’s most talented young chef
· Jason Kosmas, head chef of The Pot Luck Club
· Jay McNamara (aka Chef Jay Mac) founder of The Kind Kitchen
· Jenny Morris, aka The Giggling Gourmet and one of this country’s best loved food personalities
· Luke Dale Roberts, an icon of the South African food scene, founder and owner of The Test Kitchen
· Mishkah Gool, in-house chef, brand ambassador and content creator for B-well.
· Chef Cola, African Vegan on a Budget, Zimbabwe
· Peter Lebese, flavour profile specialist, beverage designer and entertainer with Cape Town’s SIP Exclusive mobile bar service
· Simon Toohey, Finalist in MasterChef Australia 2019
The Proveg SA Plant Power Talks in association with Wellness Warehouse Expert Speakers include:
- Kate Aitken of Wellness Warehouse & Donovan Will of ProVeg SA
- Dr Yesheen Singh, Medical Doctor: veganism / plant based eating and wellbeing from a medical perspective
- Sharni Quinn, vegan foodie, coach, yogi, author: veganism / plant based eating and mental wellbeing
- Lucy Bartholomew, Australian vegan trail runner: veganism / plant based as a professional athlete
- Justin Smith, WWF SA, Head of Business Development: Planet-based diets – how dietary shifts can bend the curve on the negative impacts of the food system, moving from exploiting to restoring nature
- Mia Smith, Consultant Dietitian at The Green Dietitian
- Toni Brockhoven, Beauty Without Cruelty
Visitors will be able to engage with these top chefs and experts, ask them questions, join in an interactive masterclass and meet them in the Vegan & Meet area.
Sat Nov 28, 11:00 – Sat Nov 28, 17:00